behind the mask....

behind the mask....
“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. ...You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.” - The Lizard King

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Life. As I see it.

Its funny when I realize that there are some days when it seems that I had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. Or rather, the right side of a wrong bed !

I have had many such days & it so happens that everytime I feel that my luck has departed me. In a drunken stupor. When am facing the enemy gunfire. Nothing seems to go right on such days. What do I do about it ? Well, I write.

Lets take today for example. Waking up late was only a precursor to what was about to happen to me. Actually, I am so certain of the glaring absence of my luck, I am sure waking up late only postponed the inevitable. Lets take you one night back. I was out with my friends, getting drunk, over the tales of a friend finally breaking up with his bitchy girlfriend.

It was no ordinary celebration. It started with the usual way though, with everybody ordering Buds. Once, one Bud met the other in the stomach, a plan was hatched. The Buds decided that they were going to party hard tonight. The stomach had to let it the two martinis who showed up for the party, dressed up in black, suave. The Buds & The Martinins started to know each other well and were starting to loosen up when hearing the ruckus, the Russians showed up, introducing themselves as Mr & Mrs Smirnoff. Now the party was certainly getting into the groove and the stomach was plum with satisfaction. Another knock on the door. In a typical western movie entrance, three cowboy Borbourn brothers from the state of texas showed up. Well, though a little hesitant to let them enter, the stomach let them in, thinking that NOW the party was EPIC ! But wait. A mexican gatecrashed the party. Wearing a red, green, yellow striped hat the Tequilla announced itself. You should know one fact about these mexican rogues. They never travel along. They always move in a gang. Suddenly before the stomach could really apprehend, four tequillas barged in ! That was the time when my stomach called the curtains on the party and I puked.

to be continued....in good jest, later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, alcohol rules, right?