behind the mask....

behind the mask....
“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. ...You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.” - The Lizard King

Thursday, November 26, 2009

How many times has it happened that you find yourself humming the same song for a week or thinking about the play you saw last week ? There are times when I absent-mindedly pick up a book and while reading, it strikes a chord somewhere deep. Causes me to stop. To ponder.
All these small mental stimulations work so well in lifting the overbearing routine'ness from our lives. We need to pay more attention towards them & learn to appreciate them even more...
For me, the written word does it !
It is the spring in the step of my emancipated soul. There re times, when a written line or a quote stays with me for a number of days and there are also times when a friend mails me 3 lines of brilliance that she wrote the night ago in a tumultuous emotional frenzy.
Words more than speak to me. They make me feel as if I belong. Literature is my poison. Something I cant do without.

Rest, laters.
Aby

No comments: