behind the mask....

behind the mask....
“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. ...You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.” - The Lizard King

Sunday, April 22, 2007

cradle

three butterflies and the wind
a new day dawns
starving for the truth
i am one step closer
can hear the perfect song
playing in my head
the velvet clock screams goodbye
as i head out for the day
photograph memories
keep on reminding me
of the days we spent together
i rush through people
not wanting to get anywhere
i would be lying if i say
it means nothing to me
you are the thoughts
inside this maze of mind
plugging my emotions
playing your voice inside
i am just chasing time again
on an endless day
so rush to me baby
let me be your cradle for a while

No comments: